15.1.06

My Hajj Experience... amazing, refreshing, one-of-a-kind!

Without a doubt, Hajj has been the greatest experience of my twenty-year old life and it'll probably stay that way even when all my hair have turned white! I don't mean to say that in terms of spirituality and worship such as Quranic recitation and prayers (however, if you consider every step, every breath as an ibadat during Hajj, then it doesn't mean that closeness to Allah in Hajj depends on simply recitation or offering Salah).

There was so much about Hajj that I had anticipated and so much more that I couldn't ever have imagined even if I'd been given several minute-by-minute descriptions of the trip by previous Hajis! It's amazing how two-and-a-half million people (correct me if I am wrong, the official and unofficial figures keep changing) come together in a unique, almost incomprehensible way during those few days. It seems as if the whole world has shrunk to nothing but Makkah and the adjoining areas. The population of such a 'world' is two-and-a-half million and everything that happens there is the only reality - but what is reality when those dressed in plain white, are all there to reaffirm their beliefs, to refresh their faith in the Hereafter? Then, it seems as if no earth ever existed and mankind is now moving towards some sort of end.

I hadn't intended to go into my own version of Philosophy. You can read that in every other article about Hajj. Let's stick to my story:

(Initially, my journal kept pace with our travel but then I couldn't find time to write at all! I have added portions from what I had written in my journal (in italics), and thus, generally, it'll be in present tense.)

6 comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Aww, masha'Allah ... this was such a great idea! I wish I was into blogs when I went for Hajj too *sigh* Though the memories will be with me forever :)

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Ameera said...

Walaikum Salam...

Thank you :)... it took a long time, but I've finally got some part of the Hajj trip online. I've got to complete it and I will, soon, inshAllah.

It is amazing isn't it, when you think back to that time? So many emotions packed into a few days! :) You're right, each of us will have their memories of Hajj preserved in our minds... they don't need a journal or blog stay in place. :)

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Sadiq said...

Assalamualikum.

good work.

i am going to link you inshallah.

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck off you fuckin islamic terrorist. all muslims are fuckin terrorists. you hate america, but come here for jobs and such. go back to porkistan you fuckin brown skinned curry eaters.....else i'll stuff pork down your throats! fuck allahr and muhammad child rapist!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger salimsabir said...

the hell blogger will definitely go to hell in a direct flight because of the spells that he has casted for ISLAM and MUSLIMS AND OUR LOVED ONES. the world will surely see his black face full with evil reflections due to his illdeels. I PRAY TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH either to guide him or if it is not in his fate, then to ruin him in his pre-death as well as post death life (ameen).

m salim sabir
salim-sabir@hotmail.com

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're right sis. That time, that place, that vibe is something else. May Allah give ability to all Muslims to perform Hajj, ameen!

Hajj Packages

 

Post a Comment

<< Home